Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mushroom Bread Stuffing

This is yet another recipe from my Mom, and I'm pretty sure it was passed down from Grandma, anyway, it's my favorite stuffing recipe. My husband loves it too, you have to be a mushroom fan to appreciate it though. Oh, and I've made a few changes to the original, so this is my version. -Sarah

1 cup chopped onion
4 oz. can mushrooms (stems and pieces) chopped
1/2 cup butter
12 cups bread cubes, left out on jelly roll pan over night to dry out (cover with light towel)
1 T. dried parsley
1 t. rubbed sage
1/4 t. pepper
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
about 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • Saute onions and mushrooms in butter.
  • Toss bread cubes and spices with onion butter mixture. Stir in soup and broth to moisten the bread cubes, if needed.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

No comments: