I got this recipe years ago from a sweet lady at church, these were the first scones I've ever had that I absolutely loved! She served them with lemon curd which was so yummy, but they are fantastic all on their own. -Sarah
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
6 T. chilled butter
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1/3 cup Craisins
2 t. orange zest
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg white
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Cut in butter till course crumbs appear.
- Add remaining ingredients just till moist.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead lightly 4 times.
- On a lightly floured surface pat dough into a 12x6 inch rectangle. Cut into 8 squares and cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 12 minutes.