1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup diced onion
diced zucchini (opt.)
4 cups tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 Tablespoons dried basil
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
10 ounce pasta, any shape
2 cups of shredded mozzarella or any other kind your family likes
- Brown meat, onion and diced zucchini together, drain grease and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring tomato sauce, water, basil, oregano, garlic powder and salt to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and boil until tender. Do not drain, the pasta should absorb the liquid!
- Mix in cooked meat.
- Spread mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.