Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grandma's Rice Pudding


When I was a little girl I always loved when Grandma made her rice pudding. When I was a teenager she showed me how to make it, but I quickly forgot. Years later she wrote it down for me (while she made it because she didn't have a recipe) so that I could make it for my family. It's the best! -Sarah

2 cups cooked rice
3 cups milk
-Heat to a boil in a saucepan.

5 T. flour
1/3 cup + 2 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
-Mix this in a small bowl and then add:

2 eggs or 3 egg yolks, beaten with a couple teaspoons of milk

When rice mixture is at a boil, turn off heat and add the thickening mixture and stir till mixture is thick. If it doesn't thicken then put it back on low heat, cook and stir until thickened.

Cool and sprinkle with nutmeg.

No comments: