1# sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (or 1# ground beef)
1 c. onion, sliced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 c. pasta sauce
1 c. pizza sauce (recipe on blog)
1/2 c. black olives, sliced
16 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 c. milk
1 T. olive oil
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking up meat as it cooks. Drain meat and return to pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes until soft.
- Add sauces and olives and bring to simmer fro about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and then set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until well blended.
- Pour mixture over sauce in pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, our until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.