Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkin Sheet Cake


This is another recipe from my Aunt Yvette, when I first had it I loved it so much I had to have the recipe. I've made it many times and it turns out awesome every time! This is truly my favorite pumpkin dessert! -Sarah

Cake:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. ginger
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 cups pumpkin

Cream Cheese Frosting:
18 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter
1 t. vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
-Beat cream cheese till smooth, add remaining ingredients and beat to spreading consistency.
  • Cream sugar and eggs, add oil and beat for 3 minutes.
  • Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
  • Add pumpkin, stir until smooth.
  • Pour into greased and floured jelly roll pan.
  • Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes.
  • Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.

No comments: