This is the recipe I turn to when I'm hungry for an apple pie but don't want to make a crust. It's a great way to use those fall apples. -Sarah
Crust & Topping
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup quick oats
2/3 cup sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 1/4 cup water
3 cups diced, peeled apples
about 1 t. of cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
- Combine crust and topping ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining into ungreased pie plate, forming a crust.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, water and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened.
- Toss apples in cinnamon.
- Remove from heat, stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust and top with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 40-45 minutes.