Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honey Crystal Almonds



These are so yummy, I made these for Christmas presents one year. If you can get a great deal on almonds (try Sam's Club) these are so worth the money! Whenever I've made these I've made many batches at a time. -Sarah

2 cups whole almonds
1/4 cup honey
2 T. butter
1 cup sugar

  • Spread almonds in a jelly roll pan and place in a cold oven. Turn oven to 350 degrees and roast almonds 12-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake until almonds are roasted (taste them to be sure).
  • Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan. Heat butter and honey to boiling. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 minutes. Add almonds to honey mixture.
  • Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a greased cookie sheet and cool slightly.
  • Toss almonds with sugar. (the original recipe called for the almonds to be tossed in Raw Sugar, I've never used it but I think it would be pretty)

No comments: