Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blueberry Bread


This is the best blueberry bread recipe that I have tried! My kids and I pick tons of blueberries every Summer and freeze them for great recipes like this. This is actually a Martha Stewart recipe, I've loved all the recipes that I've tried from her website! -Sarah


3 cups + 2 T. flour
3 t. baking powder
1 t. salt

6 T. butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg + 2 egg yolks
1 t. vanilla
1 cup milk
1 3/4 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh, I do not thaw them if I'm using frozen)

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
  • Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix till well combined.
  • Reduce speed to low. Alternate adding dry mix and milk, beginning and ending with flour.
  • Fold in blueberries.
  • Sprinkle batter with sugar before baking.
  • I bake this in 4 greased  mini loaf pans. Or 2 greased loaf pans, about 40 minutes.

No comments: