Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Health Bread


Growing up my Mom made this a lot and we ate it just plain or with peanut butter..I love it with peanut butter! I have a really hard time not eating the whole loaf, so now I actually make 2 smaller loaves with this recipe and freeze one...I have self-control issues with this bread, oh, it is that good! -Kristin

1 c. raisins (or chopped dates)
1 c. water
1 c. graham flour (or just whole wheat or white flour if you don't have it)
1 c. oats
1 c. All Bran cereal
1 t. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 c. buttermilk

  • Boil dry fruit in water for 5 minutes and then cool.
  • Combine the rest of ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
  • Add dry fruit mixture.
  • Bake in greased loaf pan at 350 for 1 hour.

If making 2 smaller loaves reduce baking time a bit.

No comments: