Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Naan Bread

These awesome pita like flatbreads are AWESOME with hummus, pbj or tuna. We make these all the time. I like to make a triple batch and keep some in the freezer. I prefer Naan bread over just regular whole wheat bread...and they are easy to make! My kids love to help with these, with rolling them out and flipping them on the griddle. -Kristin

4 1/2 c. white or whole wheat flour
3 T. yeast
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
3 T. melted butter
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. honey
1 1/4 c. warm water

Dissolve yeast in the warm water along with the honey. Mix in yogurt and butter. Then add salt and flour. Mix well and knead a few minutes. (I always use my kitchen aid for this) After an hour or so, punch dough down and preheat griddle to high. Divide dough into about 12 sections and roll out into circles. Place on griddle and cook each side about 1 minute until lightly browned.

No comments: