Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hearty Split Pea Soup


I love split pea soup and am thankful all my kids do too! This seems to be a dinner kids usually complain about because it is green...in our house my husband is the only one that can't get past the look of it! I try and plan this when he is going to be gone for dinner or I make him something else. He is spoiled rotten! If you like split pea soup, you will love this recipe! -Kristin

1 # split peas, rinsed and sorted through
8 c. water
3 medium potatoes
2 large onions
3 medium carrots
2 c. cubed ham
1/2 c. diced celery
5 t. chicken bouillon
1 t. marjoram
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. sage
1/2-1 t. pepper
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. salt

Combine all and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours until peas and veggies are tender.

No comments: