Saturday, October 11, 2008

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sausages

I love this! It is a special dinner and is great to serve when company is over because it makes a lot! Meijer brand sausage has no MSG so I always get that when it is on sale and I have this meal in mind when I get it. As a busy family I also LOVE good slow cooker recipes. -Kristin

2# sweet Italian sausage
48 oz. spaghetti sauce
1 (6oz.) can tomato paste
1 large green pepper, sliced thin
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 T. Parmesan cheese
1 t. parsley flakes
1 c. water

Place sausage in skillet, cover with water and simmer 10 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile put all other ingredients in slow cooker. Add drained sausage. Cover and cook low for 4 hours. Increase temperature to high and cook 1 hour more. Serve over spaghetti noodles. Cut sausage into desired portions.

No comments: