This is the perfect meal to use up some leftover ham in. The sauce that soaks into the penne and ham is altogether wonderful! I got this recipe from the Food Network's chef Robin Miller- I love her recipes, they are quick and for the most part health conscious. This dish comes together so fast and it is so yum! -Kristin
16 ounces penne pasta
1 c. frozen peas
1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
small can of mushrooms (optional)
2 c. diced leftover ham
1 t. dried oregano
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1 T. Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, adding the peas the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and add the ham, stirring until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the oregano and cook, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add broth and mustard and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.