Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Favorite Smoothie



I love smoothies. They are a great way to start the day, or to have for a snack or dessert. We make them a lot. Smoothies are an easy and delicious way to get a lot of servings of fruit for your day. This is my favorite combination. I always have bananas in my freezer. I buy a bunch of them whenever they are reduced in price. For smoothies bananas can be overripe. You can freeze them whole, or peel and slice them and and place in a freezer bag. They make smoothies so creamy. -Kristin

1/2 c. plain non-fat yogurt
1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 large frozen banana
1 T. wheat germ or flax seed meal (opt.)

Place all in blender and blend till smooth. If using frozen berries you might need to stir quite a bit. I usually try to defrost my blueberries a little before putting them in.

No comments: