This is a special treat that everyone will enjoy! I have made truffles that were much harder to work with than these, I will use this recipe again for sure! -Sarah
8 oz. good semi-sweet chocolate (I used a bar of Ghirardelli brand chocolate)
8 oz. good bittersweet chocolate (I used a bar of Ghirardelli brand chocolate)
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (I used name brand just to be safe)
1 T. vanilla extract
16 oz. meltable wafers, white (I used Wilton brand)
16 oz. meltable wafers, chocolate (I used chocolate chips with a little Crisco)
- In a double boiler (or bowl over simmering water) place chocolate broken into pieces. Pour sweetened condensed milk over chocolate and let it sit a few minutes until you see the chocolate starting to melt.
- Stir mixture until it's all combined, it will look funny for a bit, just let it all mix together slowly.
- Once it is all incorporated, turn the heat off and add vanilla. The vanilla will make it glossy.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until firm enough to work with.
- Roll a small amount into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place pan in freezer to firm up before dipping, about 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler (or bowl over simmering water) melt wafers or chocolate chips until just melted. Dip balls into coating and place on wax paper. I dipped half of mine in white and half in chocolate and used the chocolate to decorate the white truffles, use whatever combination you want! Also, at this point you can decorate the truffles with any sprinkles you would like. Have fun!