The pictures show the cookies made with the chocolate covered toffee bits and the plain toffee bits. Both are awesome! -Sarah
1/2 c. shortening
3/4 c. peanut butter
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
3 T. milk
1 T. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1 package Heath toffee bits, divided
- Mix well the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Add the eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the creamy mixture.
- Stir in a little more than 1/2 of the toffee chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Top each cookie with some of the reserved toffee bits.
- Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes or until set.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing.