1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. sugar (topping)
4 t. cinnamon (topping)
- Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix into the creamed mixtures.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mix well.
- Shape dough into about 1 inch balls and then roll into the topping mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet.