Thursday, December 10, 2009

Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole


This is the best tuna noodle casserole I have ever had. I love that it is made all from scratch and yet so easy...and very frugal too! I adapted this recipe from a cooking blog called Tammy's Recipes. -Kristin

12 ounces egg noodles (or 8 ounces small pasta)
2 (6 oz.) cans of tuna, drained
1 onion, chopped
3 T. butter
2 T. all purpose flour
2 c. milk
1 t. salt
dash of pepper
2-3 c. shredded cheddar (or a combo of mozzarella and cheddar)

  • Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
  • Melt butter and saute onion in it until softened.
  • Then stir in flour to make a thick paste.
  • Whisk in the milk and salt.
  • Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
  • Mix together the cooked noodles, the sauce and half of the cheese. Pour into a greased 11x7.
  • Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
The Tight Budget Cookbook: Delicious and Nutritious Recipes for the Frugal Cook
The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever
Easy One-Pot: Frugal Recipes for Busy Cooks (Easy (Ryland Peters & Small))
The Frugal Foodie Cookbook: Waste-Not Recipes for the Wise Cook

1 comment:

Art From My Table said...

Sarah, I'm a friend of your mom's--wow, I just love her. Anyway, I'm also a fellow blogger, and I have a question. This has absolutely nothing to do with this recipe, but I don't know how else to reach you. I love that you can organize your recipe's into categories, like appetizers, desserts, etc. How are you able to do that? mine has archives, but I have no idea if I can do this. I just wanted to pick your brain. Hopefully you don't think I'm too much of a crazy!
chellie
chellies@comcast.net
www.artfrommytable.blogspot.com