1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
about 40-50 Rolo candies
1/4 c. sugar
- Beat the butter and sugars together and then add the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Chill the dough in the refridgerator for at least an hour.
- Place one Tablespoon or so of dough in hands and flatten. Then put one rolo in the center and fold the dough up over the rolo. Roll in hands gently to make a smooth ball.
- Place the remaining 1/4 c. sugar onto plate. Roll the ball in the sugar.
- Do not flatten the dough.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pans 10 minutes before removing.