These are so delicious and super simple to make. These are a must try...bring them to a party so you are not stuck with the delicious temptations all to yourself! I adapted this recipe from Kraft Foods for this recipe.-Kristin
1 package (1 pound 2 oz.) Oreo Cookies, crushed
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 packages (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
Crushed Peppermint candy canes, optional topping
Sprinkles, optional topping
- Crush Oreo cookies in food processor or place in a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pan.
- Mix crushed Oreo cookies with the softened cream cheese.
- Shape into about 1 inch balls and place on wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate squares in microwave according to directions.
- Dip each ball in chocolate and lightly remove the excess. Place back on wax paper and top with optional toppings. (I found it easier to place the balls into the melted chocolate and remove with 2 forks so the excess chocolate falls off.)
- Chill the truffles for at least an hour.
Kraft Kitchens: Dinner On Hand
Kraft Best-Ever Holiday Recipe Collection
The Kraft Cookbook: 75 Years of Good Ideas
The Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese Cookbook With Many New Recipes