2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 T. sugar
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. soy sauce (low sodium)
1 T. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. ginger (the jarred kind)
1/4 c. water
4 t. cornstarch
green onions, chopped (opt.)
- Season both sides of the chicken with the sugar and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Grill until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the grill and cut into bit sized strips and set aside.
- For the sauce, combine the sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and ginger. Pour into a sauce pan and heat the mixture until almost at a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water.
- Once the sauce starts to boil add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Add the grilled chicken and simmer until thickened. It will get very thick, just keep stirring.
- Serve over rice and top with chopped green onions if desired.