Monday, May 18, 2009

Fruit Pizza


I've been making this delicious dessert since I was a teenager and it has a special memory for me and my husband. I love that it tastes as good as it looks and it's not too sweet, as some dessert pizza's that I've tried are. -Sarah

1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flour
-Cut butter into dry ingredients until well mixed and press into a pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Do not brown the edges. Cool completely.

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
-Beat until smooth. Spread over crust.

fresh fruit
-Slice fruit and arrange over cream cheese layer. You can do this in a pretty pattern or just sprinkle the chopped fruit all over the pizza, which works great if your making a rectangle shaped dessert.

1 cup apple juice
2 T. cornstarch
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
-Cook until clear and cool until it's room temperature. Drizzle glaze mixture over fruit. This is a delicious topping to the pizza and adds a beautiful glaze but also helps to seal the fruit and keep it from browning.

No comments: