This is a must try. I hesitated for awhile because I have never used kale and wasn't sure if this would have enough flavor...I wish I hadn't waited so long. This has awesome flavor, I love the kale, and it is the perfect, quick lunch!
For a green, kale is unusually high in fiber. This helps create the bulk you need to fill you up and to keep you full for a good amount of time. Kale is also an excellent source of nutrients, especially vitamin A, C and calcium. Kale is KING of the greens I have read...so eat up!-Kristin
4 cloves garlic, minced
15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4-1/2 c. broth (chicken or veggie)
1 head of kale, stemmed and chopped
A pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Once oil is heated through add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Allow them to cook for about 2 minutes or so until heated through.
- Add the kale and broth and pop a lid on.
- Cook until kale is wilted and nice and tender. (about 8-10 minutes)
- Serves 2-3.