These are easy and delicious. The panko bread crumbs give it the perfect crunch to make them seem like they are fried. I mixed up mayonnaise and ketchup in equal portions and a couple spoonfuls of sweet pickle relish for a dip. -Kristin
1 (16 oz.) package frozen tilapia fillets, defrosted
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1/4 c. canola oil
1 t. paprika
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
- Heat oven to 400 and lightly spray a 15x10 jelly roll pan with edges.
- Place eggs into a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish into about 3 inch by 1/2 inch thick sticks.
- Dip the fish into the eggs and then into the crumbs and place on prepared pan.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over and bake about 5-6 minutes more until other side is browned and fish is done.