This is my friend Leah's recipe. She brought this our church's poolside fellowship and it was such a hit with kids and adults! -Kristin
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
8 c. Cheerios
1 c. toasted almonds, whole
1-2 c. dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 275 and grease a jelly roll pan.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until it bubbles around the edge, then cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda.
- Pour sugar mixture over cereal, almonds and cranberries and mix well.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand till cool, then break into pieces.
- Makes 10 cups.