I tried this recipe tonight off of Tammy's Recipes and it was a huge hit- I am posting how I made it. I had thought the kids would complain because they are not big fans of squash, but all but one loved it. I love the cheese on top that is a bit crispy from being broiled and how it melts down into the veggies. I will definitely make this again. -Kristin
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
Lemon Pepper seasoning (or other of your choice)
3 large yellow squash, washed and sliced in 1/4 inch thick slices and the halved
6 oz. fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
2 T. butter
6 slices Provolone slices (or baby Swiss, mozzarella or muenster cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 pan. Place chicken in and sprinkle both sides with garlic salt and seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes. (Or grill the seasoned chicken and follow the rest of directions.)
- Before the chicken is done baking saute the squash in the butter till tender.
- Add the spinach and cook and stir until just tender.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is done baking, remove and turn broiler on high.
- Top the chicken with the cheeses slices and place under broiler until browned.