1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry or white flour (or a mixture of both)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oatmeal
12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. The dough is pretty thick you may need to use your hands to kind of knead it all together.
- Press cookie dough evenly into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cookies are set in the middle.
- Cool for 20 minutes before cutting into.