Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Easy Apple Pie Filling

I can't remember where I found this recipe years ago, but I thought it was brilliant! I have a hard time getting my regular apple pie filling cooked through without over browning the crust. This solves that problem beautifully. When the filling is done it will resemble canned apple pie filling with a much better flavor. -Sarah
1 recipe pie crust
5 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
  • Place apples in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 6 minutes.
1 cup sugar
4 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
dash of salt
  • Combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Pour over apples and stir well. Add 1 T. of water.
  • Pour filling into unbaked pie crust and dot with 2 T. butter. Top with another crust and bake pie at 425 degrees 20-25 minutes.

No comments: