Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Carrot Soup


This recipe comes from my friend Shannon. It sounded a bit weird to me when I had it at her house years ago, but I loved it instantly! You can adjust the milk to make it as thick or thin as you want it. I used less milk to make it thicker.-Sarah

6-8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 medium onions, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
2 t. salt
1 t. sugar
3-6 cups milk
1 cup half and half
  • Place carrots and potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water and cook until tender and drain.
  • Cook onions and garlic in butter until softened. Add flour, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
  • Place all cooked vegetables in a blender. Adding enough milk to blend until smooth.
  • Pour into a pan adding seasonings. Heat through and thin with more milk if desired, adding half and half last, heat through but do not boil.

No comments: