This is a new recipe that I have been working on and we love it! Our family loves squash and it wasn't a surprise that they would love this squash based soup. The roasted squash gives it such a rich creamy texture. -Sarah
2 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups diced onion
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup cooked wild rice blend
1 cup half and half
1/2# bacon, diced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until squash is very soft, about 45 min.-1 hour.
- Cool and blend with 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Cook bacon and remove from pan. Cook onions and mushrooms in bacon grease. Add corn and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer about 1 hour until mixture is reduced and thickened a little.
- Stir in rice and half and half. Adjust seasoning and heat through.
- Just before serving add diced bacon.