10 oz. fresh spinach
1 c. onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 c. zucchini, chopped
2 c. mushrooms
1/4 c. and 1 T. flour
2 c. milk
28 oz. diced tomatoes
1 1/2 t. oregano
1 1/2 t. basil
1 1/4 t. salt
3/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
18 oz. (6 cups) Penne pasta, uncooked
3 c. cooked, chopped chicken
1 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta in salt water until slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for one minute. Drain and squeeze out any extra liquid. Chop the spinach and set aside.
- Saute the onions, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms in some olive oil until tender.
- Add the milk and flour. Mix well until smooth. Cook for 6-8 minutes until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes, spinach and seasonings. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- In a large bowl mix the pasta and the veggie mixture all together.
- Pour half of the noodle mixture into a 15x10 inch lasagna pan.
- Top with half of the shredded Parmesan.
- Then pour on the rest of the pasta and top with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.