Thursday, April 30, 2009

Homesick Texan's Salsa




This salsa recipe is off of the Homesick Texans website. It is delicious! My whole family likes spicy so I used 2 Serrano peppers...it is hot! So, start with one pepper and see what you think before adding the other. Oh, ENJOY! -Kristin

28 oz. canned tomatoes, undrained
2 Serrano peppers (or 2 jalapenos which are a bit milder)
1 c. fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 onion, chopped
2 T. chili powder
salt
juice from 1/2 of a lime
salt to taste
dash of sugar, opt.
  • Place all in blender and blend till smooth.

My family LOVES this salsa! I can't count how many times I've made it, we prefer it chunky, I put up a picture of how it looks when I make it chunky, and here's how I do it. I use the exact same ingredients, but I drain my tomatoes and I blend all the ingredients with about 1/2 a can of tomatoes until it's all mixed together, then add the rest of the tomatoes and pulse a few times until it's all chopped up.-Sarah

No comments: