Monday, March 28, 2011

Crustless Quiche

This recipe turned out better than I could have imagined! I'm always looking for new ways to cook eggs and when I came across this recipe it just sounded yummy, and I had all the ingredients. It impressed me with it's delicious flavor and almost creamy texture. I adapted this recipe slightly from simplyrecipes.com.-Sarah

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. Dijon mustard
5 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 oz. shredded mozzarella
3 T. grated Parmesan
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • In a small saucepan melt butter, add flour, cook and stir till bubbly. Slowly add milk cooking until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool 15-20 minutes.
  • Mix cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard.
  • In a bowl beat eggs, add cream cheese (I pinched it off in little pieces), mozzarella and Parmesan.
  • Combine all together well, adding the onion, peppers, and bacon.
  • Pour into a greased 10" pie plate.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments: