Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chicken Tetrazinni

This is another wonderful recipe from my friend Juli. I have had hers a couple times and finally made it for myself. My family really likes this. This turns out creamy and so delicious. I really like how the Parmesan cheese crisps a bit on top! I like that this makes a hearty 9x13 dish. -Kristin

3/4 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles broken into 1 inch pieces
4-5 c. cooked, diced chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken
2 c. sour cream
fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, optional
grated Parmesan cheese
  • Grease a 9x13 pan.
  • Cook broken spaghetti noodles according to directions. Drain and place 1/2 of them in the bottom of the 9x13.
  • Place cooked chicken over top of the noodle layer.
  • In a bowl combine the cream of chicken and sour cream. Stir in the sauteed mushrooms if using.
  • Spread 1/2 of the sour cream mixture over the chicken.
  • Then place the rest of the noodles over that.
  • Then put the remaining sour cream mixture over the noodles.
  • Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Bake 350 for 40 minutes until the top is lightly browned.

No comments: