Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ham Loaf with Sauce

I've adapted this recipe from a cookbook and I am so excited! I grew up eating ham loaf with this sauce and I loved it! I never make it because the ham loaves that you buy are so expensive and never go on sale. This dish was just like I remembered, and my family loved it too!-Sarah

ham loaf (makes 2)
1 pound fully cooked ham, ground (4 cups)
1 pound ground pork
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1 t. ground mustard
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

ham loaf sauce
1 can cream of tomato soup
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 t. dry mustard
1/4 cup water

  • For the ham loaves: mix all except the meat together in a bowl.
  • Add the meat and mix well.
  • Form into 2 loaves and place in a greased 9x13 pan.
  • For the sauce: mix all ingredients together and pour over loaves.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours until meat is 160 degrees. Baste occasionally with sauce and serve with remaining sauce spooned over meat.

No comments: