Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Butternut Squash Puree

This is another fabulous recipe off the Pioneer Woman's website. I love squash but getting my family to eat it is not so easy. I usually end up with it all to myself....I really don't mind- especially with this stuff. It is creamy deliciousness!!! -Kristin

1 Butternut Squash
1/2 stick butter
2-4 T. maple syrup
Dash of salt
  • Slice the squash lengthwise and clean out the seeds.
  • Place face down on a baking sheet and pour a cup of water on it.
  • Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes until a fork goes in easily.
  • Remove from oven.
  • Cut the butter into a bowl.
  • Scrape the flesh out of the squash and place over the butter.
  • Pour the maple syrup over.
  • With a potato masher, mash the squash until large chunks are gone.
  • Add a dash of salt.
  • Place the mixture into a food processor or blender and puree.
  • Taste and add more maple syrup if desired.

No comments: