1 Butternut Squash
1/2 stick butter
2-4 T. maple syrup
Dash of salt
- Slice the squash lengthwise and clean out the seeds.
- Place face down on a baking sheet and pour a cup of water on it.
- Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes until a fork goes in easily.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut the butter into a bowl.
- Scrape the flesh out of the squash and place over the butter.
- Pour the maple syrup over.
- With a potato masher, mash the squash until large chunks are gone.
- Add a dash of salt.
- Place the mixture into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if desired.