Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Zucchini Pizza Bake


This is a recipe I found while looking for ways to use the awesome zucchini I've gotten this summer! I'm so glad my family loves zucchini as much as I do!-Sarah

4 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
2 cups cooked rice
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
pepper

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

  • Mix the first 7 ingredients together and spread in a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until set.
  • Brown beef and onion, drain. Add next 4 ingredients and spread over zucchini mixture.
  • Sprinkle with cheddar and bake about 8 minutes longer, until cheese is melted and it's warmed through.

1 comment:

Brian and Jennifer said...

Ooooh, we'll have to try this! :) We have a zuchini pizza crust that we really like, so I bet everyone will like this, too.