Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars


I can't remember when I've had these, but it's a recipe that I've always wanted to make. I found this online and it's pretty basic, probably a lot of people have a version of this recipe. These are so perfect for a hot day where you don't want to heat up the house with the oven and my family loved these! -Sarah

1 1/2 sticks softened butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (very finely crushed)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy would both be yummy)

2 cups chocolate chips
4 T. peanut butter

  • With a mixer beat the first 4 ingredients until well mixed. Press into an ungreased 9x13 pan and chill 15 minutes before adding the next layer.
  • For the chocolate topping, microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter until combined. Spread evenly over the peanut butter bottom and chill until set.
  • These are so yummy, they taste like a Buck Eye bar if there was such a thing!

No comments: