Friday, August 21, 2009

Peach French Toast


I mixed a couple of recipes that I had and came up with this wonderful creation- and its a keeper. My whole family loved this- this will be begged for in the future. I love that it is easily put together the night before and popped in the oven in the morning with no mess and no hassle...just a delicious smell of something awesome baking in the oven while I relax with my coffee! -Kristin

1 1/2 whole wheat french baguettes, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces (recipe on blog or store bought)
6 eggs
1 1/3 c. milk
2 t. vanilla
4 c. sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
1/4 c. brown sugar
ground cinnamon

maple syrup, to serve with
  • Place bread slices in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish; set aside.
  • Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla and pour over bread.
  • Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
  • Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
  • Cover with foil and place in fridge overnight.
  • In the morning, preheat oven to 350 and bake uncovered for 40 minutes until the bread is golden brown.

No comments: