4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
3 c. frozen peas
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/2 cup half and half
- Place carrot slices in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, covered.
- Add frozen peas to pan and return to a boil. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Return veggies and liquid to the pan.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, salt, pepper and half and half. Mix until smooth.
- Stir into veggies, bring all to a simmer and cook just until thickened.