Oh, these are delicious! A quick recipe for the sweet tooth that takes only the microwave! This is a recipe from my friend Janice and I am so thankful she shared! I used butterscotch chips when I made them, but when I had hers they were made with the peanut butter chips. Both ways are really good! -Kristin
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
3 cups mini pretzel twists (about 1 2/3 cups coarsely crushed), divided
3 cups crisp rice cereal
3/4 cup butter, divided
1 bag miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
1 bag peanut butter or butterscotch morsels
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Coarsely chop peanuts using food chopper, set aside.
- Place pretzels into large resealable plastic bag: coarsely crush using flat side of meat tenderizer. Set aside 1/3 cup of the pretzels.
- Place remaining pretzels and cereal in mixing bowl.
- Place 6 Tbsp. of the butter in bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; microwave on high 60-90 seconds. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Immediately add marshmallow mixture to the pretzel and cereal mixture; mix thoroughly. Firmly press and spread crust evenly in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. of the butter and half of the corn syrup in bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high 60-90 seconds or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peanut butter or butterscotch morsels; mix until melted (mixture will be stiff). Spread this mixture over crust using spatula.
- For ganache, place remaining butter and corn syrup in bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds or until melted. Stir in chocolate morsels; mix until smooth. Spread ganache evenly over peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels.
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into 24 bars and then cut those in half.