2 1/3 cups old fashioned oats
2 Tablespoons whole flax seeds, optional
5 T. brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 T. melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 pumpkin puree
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 T. butter, softened
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Combine the oats through salt in a medium sized bowl. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, butter, pumpkin, and milk. Whisk thoroughly. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the oats. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into 9x13 pan. and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the topping: chopped pecans, butter, and brown sugar.
- After the oatmeal has baked for 15 minutes, remove sprinkle the topping over the oatmeal.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with a splash of milk, if desired.