I am so excited about a square muffin pan I found at a garage sale...notice the square muffins in the picture :) I changed this recipe a little bit by using green onions in place of fresh chives that the original recipe called for. So you could use either or. The original recipe is from a blog called Simply Scratch. These muffins are very good!!! -Kristin
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup frozen corn (thawed and patted dry if frozen)
2 tablespoon green onions or fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. In the center of the well; add the egg, milk, melted butter, corn and onions.
- Mix just until everything starts to come together, then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the corn batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are lightly golden. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing them.
- Store the corn muffins in an airtight container for one to two days.