6 cups uncooked egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2, 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Dash of pepper
1/2 cup cottage cheese
4 ounces softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoon sour cream
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Spoon half of beef mixture over the top.
- Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles.
- Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.