1 pound ditalini pasta
1.25 # sweet turkey sausage, casing removed
1 (15oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (6oz.) can tomato paste
1 c. chicken broth
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. dried basil
Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, Opt.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a little bit of oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and break up with spatula into bite size pieces. Cook until cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, paste, broth, oregano and basil. Bring to a simmer.
- Partially cover the pan and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top if desired.