2 1/2 c. shredded green cabbage
2 1/2 c. shredded red cabbage
1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
2 T. cilantro, finely chopped (opt.)
1/2 c. mayonaise, or more if desired
1 1/2 T. rice wine vinegar (or mirin or white wine vinegar)
1 T. sesame oil
2 T. sugar
salt and pepper
1-2 T. sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix together all the shredded vegetables and cilantro.
- In a seperate bowl combine the mayo, vinegar, sesame oil and sugar.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet. Shaking occasionally and being careful to not burn. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Toss the seeds into the salad and season with salt and pepper.