1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 T. shortening
- Line an 8x8 pan with plastic wrap and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Microwave the caramels, 1 cup chocolate chips and cream. One minute and stir, 1 minute longer and stir again. Continue stirring every 15 seconds until mixture is completely smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut cooled mixture into 30 pieces and roll into a ball. Refrigerate again until firm.
- In another bowl microwave chocolate chips and shortening (or use melting chocolates) until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles if desired.