2 t. basil
2 t. parsley
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sour cream
- Saute onions, carrots and celery in half of the butter until tender; about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, cooked beef, basil and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate pan make a roux with remaining butter and flour. Melt the butter and stir in flour. Add a couple spoonfuls of the soup broth and cook until bubbly for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the roux to soup.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook until all the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream
- Enjoy this hearty soup!