Sunday, February 20, 2011

Basil Green Beans

This is a recipe from my friend Janice.  She is an amazing cook and I have been blessed with some new recipes from her that I will be posting. This recipe I changed a bit on accident because I was confused at what kind of beans she used.  The original recipe from her is made using fresh green beans, but I used frozen ones (the long frozen green beans from Aldi) and it turned out awesome.  This recipe is very general, just use it as a guide to make some yummy green beans that look so nice.   -Kristin

long, fresh green beans from Costco, microwave according to directions  (or 1 frozen package of long frozen green beans, **not french cut!)
1/4 c. oil
1/2 sweet pepper, diced
1/4 c. onions
1 garlic clove, minced
salt
pepper
basil
1/3-1/2 c. shredded Parmesan, opt.
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Add the diced pepper, onions and garlic clove and saute for a couple minutes until the onion is tender.
  • Add the green beans and saute 7-8 minutes until crisp tender.
  • Season with salt, pepper and basil.
  • Mix in shredded Parmesan if using.

No comments: